Monday, October 23, 2006

Diwali 2006

Hi Folks,

Hope every one had a bash this diwali... I too indeed had a good time with my family and frends. I went to chennai , spent some good time and came back on sunday night. But in this post I am not going to talk about that. I just wanted to mention some funny incidents(or rather I felt they were funny) ,similar incidents which you may also wish to post.

I could not get a to ticket to chennai so I boarded a bus to hosur from where i happened to get a ticket in TNSTC for chennai. I boarded the bus at 1.45 p.m. Bus as they said would start by 2.30 p.m. Just to spend the time I started gazing here and there.

I saw a guy and his associates carrying a bag full of some clothes. They came into my bus. His associates took some vacant seats. After some time, this guy comes in and starts shouting saying he has a shawl in his hand(he had one shawl) and it was some kashmir shawl(i know its not ) and its rela worth is 475 Rs and he is putting an auction for that and starting price is 5 Rs(yes FIVE Rupees), then one of his associates started saying 5, another said 20 and until they said 140 Rs and no one else was willing to buy a shawl, he sold his shawl to one associate who quoted 140 Rs. Then he took a shirt-pant cloth piece and again started the same trick. This time someone in the crowd quoted 80 Rs and the piece was sold to that guy. This happened 4-5 times ,2 items were brought by his own ppl and remaining 3 were bought by real customers. I instantly remembered the Surya of Pithamagam movie. His slang,his looks and the way he sold things, the wordings everything were so similar to that of Surya's role- I felt like watching that scene of the movie where surya sells some items in a train.

On the return journey I had a boarded a deluxe bus from the TNSTC again. I had paid 156 Rs initially for the fare when I booked the tickets. The conductor who stood before the bus was selling additional 3 Rs tickets to all those who have booked the ticket before hand saying the price has gone up. Then I got into the Seat, which were supposed to be push backs. But the back of the seat were so loose that there was no need for a push back. Most of the seats just hit the back seater's knee caps. I felt irritated by this through out my journey and i thought they are just worth the tickets money. The best part was that we also had a Ticket conductor coming and checking for tickets at around 1.30 a.M in the morning , and by that time I lost my sleep and had to come to office after spending a nearly sleepless night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home